16th RCC Meeting:
Location: Virtual meeting
Dates: 30 September – 01 October, 2021
Time: 11:00 – 17:00 (GMT+7)
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MOIS), the Government of South Korea
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)
Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
Summary: The 16th RCC meeting will be held virtually in collaboration with the Republic of Korea’s Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MOIS). MOIS establishes, supervises, and adjusts policies related to safety and disaster management such as emergency countermeasure, civil defense, and disaster prevention in the country. The overarching theme of the 16th RCC meeting is “Financing Resilient Development in Asia and the Pacific”. The meeting comprises thematic and plenary sessions:
- Thematic Session 1: Enabling Environment for Financing Resilient Development, to share the initiatives and practices for creating the required enabling environment for financing resilience development and help identify potential avenues to accelerate public and private financing for resilient development in RCC member countries
- Thematic Session 2: Financing for Resilient Development and Growth, to share global and regional practices and initiatives in Asia and the Pacific on financing in resilient development practices, and identify priorities for public and private financing.
- Plenary Session 1: Innovation in Resilient Development Practices, to promote regional programs on innovation and ICT-based approaches contributing to resilient development and identify key priorities in Asia and the Pacific to further accelerate innovative and ICT- based approaches.
- Plenary Session 2: Inclusion in Localization of Resilient Development Practices, to present and share practices and identify barriers on inclusive, gender-equal and rights-based, and localized approaches to resilient development practices.
- Plenary Session 3: Regional Cooperation for Resilient Development, Deliberate on regional cooperation for resilient development by RCC Member Countries
Expected Outcomes:16th RCC Statement, Activities identified to outline an RCC Annual Work Plan, and Technical Meeting Report on Financing Resilient Development in Asia and the Pacific